WISET 2019 (April 2019)Wonjin's team with Nara and Kyoungmin secured research grant from WISET. High and middle school students are welcomed to join the team and investigate AI supported learning.
Pioneer 2019 (Mar. 2019)Jooyoung, Woojung, and Jiwon have been selected as Pioneers (INU International Internship Program)! They will be working at Germany this semester.
Excellence Award from CBrain Winter School 2019 (Jan 31, 2019)Geunho won Excellence Award from CBRAIN Winter School 2019.
Research Award from KSLES 2018 (Dec 1, 2018)Jihoon won Research Award from KSLES 2018.
Excellence Awards from EDISON 2018 (July 13, 2018)Joonyoung, Woojung, and Jooyoung won Excellence Awards from Summer Special Program EDISON 2018.
Excellence Awards from CBrain Winter School 2018 (Feb. 8, 2018)Sungwoo and Wonjin won Excellence Awards from CBRAIN Winter School 2018.
Top 100 Future Technologies & Leaders Award (Dec. 19, 2017)Professor Yongseok Yoo won Top 100 Future Technologies & Leaders Award (미래 100대 기술과 주역) from the National Academy of Engineering of Korea (공학한림원).
INU Festival Open Lab (Dec. 2, 2017)Sungwoo, Wonjin (Jang), Jooyoung, Gaeun, Jiwon, Woojung, and Wonjin (Lee) taught 32 high school students invited to the Open Lab event.
Jiwoong won the Excellence Award (Nov. 17, 2017)Jiwoong Hwang (second from the left in the picture) won the Excellence Award in EATED Program!
Farewell lunch with Shuo (June 14, 2017)Shuo is finishing up his exchange semester. We were lucky to have you in the lab! We wish you good luck for the future.
Professor Yongseok Yoo spoke at the TEE Talk (May 17, 2017)Title: Understanding neural circuits and beyond
The brain is an information processing organ. We make use of computational tools to investigate the information processing mechanisms of the brain.
The brain is the ultimate "smart system." Deeper understanding of the brain will open up new areas in artificial intelligence.
Smart System Design
We design novel systems that support cognitive functions.
- study modern probability theory and apply it to real-world examples
- textbook: Probability: Theory and Examples, 5th Ed., Durrett, 2019
- prerequisite: Probability and Random Variables (Undergraduate)
- study matrix as a linear transformation
- textbook: Matrix Analysis, 2nd Ed., Horn and Johnson, 2012
- prerequisite: Linear Algebra (Undergraduate)
- learn fundamental principles of machine learning and apply them to real-world data using Python
- textbook: An Introduction to Statistical Learning with Applications in R, James, Witten, Hastie, and Tibshirani, 2013
- prerequisite: Linear Algebra, Probability and Random Variables
- opened for 4th year students, but 3rd year students are welcome to take!
- design IoT services and build prototypes using Arduino
- prerequisite: open mind
- Make, Test, and Uprade.
- Repeat it until you've got something very cool!
- learn probability theory and practice it by solving problems
- textbook: Introduction to Probability, 2nd Ed., Bertsekas and Tsitsiklis, Athena Scientific, 2008
- Nature Neuroscience
- Neural Computation
- Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS)
- Korean Society for Computational Neuroscience
- Neuroanatomy short course!
- Handbook of Mathematical Functions by Abramowitz and Stegun
- Git tutorials: beginner's, advanced
- MacPorts: to install open-source packages on OsX
- Google's Compute Engine
- Field Guide to Human-Centered Design by IDEO
- Interaction Design slides by Preece, Sharp, and Rogers
- Arduino Tutorials by Jeremy Blum
- Raspberry Pi Tutorials by Simon Monk